Friday, December 26, 2008

Technicalities

These are the questions that scare me:
- How am I going to get all those projectors?
- Do I need to hook up all the projectors to different computers, if I'm going digital?
- How far back from the wall do they need to be/ how much room will that take up/ how big is the squash court/ will i have room for the structure in the middle?
- How will i construct the structure?
- Will I have enough time?

I feel like this is a project that needs more time than what I have. I don't want to shortchange it, but I can't imagine that the installation I will show in April will be the complete actualization of this concept.

Kerstin

2 comments:

  1. as far as question #3, it seems that going into the
    squash court with a measuring tape, a regular projector, a digital projector and a computer, would be a good idea.
    that way you can test things out and see how things look and if you
    actually like the effect youre getting.

    i remember in form study a guy did his final project in a small room and projected something onto the wall with three different projectors, one on each wall.
    it was really neat to stand in the middle and watch things on all three walls, and i think he projected them pretty large.

    maybe a way around creating large amounts of things, is to project things large on the wall?
    it may then seem that there is more and the space is filled. maybe thats a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerstin - this will take some leg-work, effort on your part. Think of it as research. Don't overwhelm yourself with the tasks as a whole - start with one issue at a time, solve it and go to the next. You may find that realistically you have to downsize your idea. But stay steady and get the info - persistence prevails!

    ReplyDelete